Monday, May 22, 2006

The Davinci Code

I just caught it in theatres with Elliot and it's yet another travesty - mockery if you will - that I can add to the movies I see before reading the book list that's growing for me. If you're not one of the millions to have seen it already, I'd avoid it till it comes out to rent or pirate. It's not as bad as most critics will have you believe but it does suffer from a few flaws. For me, it was mostly implausible character traits and decisions and a general sense of copping out of any true opinion. That and for a conspiracy... why was everyone in on it? I guess it sorted itself out in the end and really, how else do you end something this vague without just leaving it 'up to your own interpretation'. I did love how you needed a world reknown symbologist and forensic cryptologist to solve puzzles you'd give to a 10 year old. Ah well, escapist entertainment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home